Start & End date in BigPicture

Deleted user June 8, 2021

Hello everyone,
I am new here and maybe someone could tell me did you have such problem with BigPicture.

I have issue with the Start Date and End Date fields are being filled in automatically by the system and when we try to delete the information from the fields, the information is filled in again.

Is there any configuration so that these fields are not filled in automatically?
Alaine

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

Welcome to the community!

Let me shed more light on the logic behind the synchronization of Start & End dates. By default, our app requires two points on the timeline (in other words, two dates) to generate a taskbar and determine the start and endpoints. Those points in time are the task's 'Start date" and 'End date' and are stored as 'Start date' and 'End date' custom fields by default. More information you will find in our documentation in the article: Synchronization settings of the Start & End dates.

Please note that our application is in a continuous development process, and we are aware that the possibility of adding tasks with no Start and End date would be beneficial for our clients. Therefore it’s already in our backlog.

I enclose the link to the feature request ticket so you can follow the functionality development: ONE-6654. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Zohair Abbas April 20, 2022

HI,

Has there been any fix for this issue? Our organization is facing the same issue and wondering if there has been any progress made.

Thanks.

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Zohair Abbas

Currently, the work on the feature is underway. We plan to deliver it in the mid of this year.

Rama November 2, 2022

@Anna-BigPicture When we are expecting this feature in bigpicture please? We are nearing end of the year, but I don't see any updates in [ONE-6654] App can handle tasks with missing start date or end date - BigPicture Jira

Thank you!

Like Greg Mueller likes this
0 votes
Rio Smith July 21, 2023

My org is facing this issue as well - would love to see a resolution 

0 votes
William Tanner January 24, 2023

We just loaded a bunch of issues to a BigPicture box and it updated over 10,000 issues in our project, totally ruining all the metrics on updates, etc.  Ugh!  No warning or anything.  Can't believe this request has been open for 6+ years.

0 votes
jie_hu October 25, 2022

HI,

Has there been any fix for this issue? Our organization is facing the same issue as well and wondering if there has been any progress made.

0 votes
Deleted user June 8, 2021

Many thanks @Anna-BigPicturefor explanations!  I am looking forward for a new feature!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events