Source Editor button not appearing for users

Robbie Lee September 22, 2012

I've installed Source Editor and granted access to all users. However, none of my users (not even the Confluence Admin user) can see the button. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robbie Lee August 11, 2013

I upgraded Confluence to 5.1.5, and now I can see the Source Editor button.

0 votes
Hector Vazquez January 7, 2019

Just for reference, there is now a Source Editor Configuration Page (in Confluence Administration) where you can specify who can use the add-on.

Frank Schimmel March 30, 2020

Hi,

we installed the Source Editor last week in Confluence 7.2.0 Data Center, I as Confluence admin see the <> icon, a user with all permissions in the space (but not a Confluence admin) does not.

In the configuration, I left the default setting "Allow all" unchanged.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

Frank

0 votes
Ekaterina Kessner November 20, 2017

Hi everyone,

we have confluence 6.1.3 and we face the problem in a different variation: the non-administrators cannot see the button.

It worked yet for couple of weeks ago. We tried the fix described here, but it did not help:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-source-editor-button-is-not-visible-during-page-edit-733940215.html

Hector Vazquez January 7, 2019

Same issue with 6.7.0, did you found a solution?

Claus Schlotz October 4, 2019

does not work - sorry

0 votes
Robbie Lee August 11, 2013

I upgraded Confluence to 5.1.5, and now I can see the Source Editor button.

0 votes
Nick Vvedensky August 8, 2013

A year came over - but problem are the same. Does someone use this so name "Source Editor"?

0 votes
Paul April 25, 2013

Same problem.

0 votes
Christoph Bratschi November 19, 2012

I have the same problem since upgrading to one of the November releases. The edit button is simply gone.

0 votes
Christoph Bratschi November 19, 2012

I have the same problem since upgrading to one of the November releases. The edit button is simply gone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events