Sorting calculated number field in Confluence and Jira Queries.

Stephen Casey October 30, 2017

Using Jira Custom Fields plugin I've created four number fields (A, B, C and D) and have a calculated field (E) which, if they're all numbers E=(A+B+C)/D.

All good and all showing up OK in search results and Confluence tables pulling in search results.

However, I can't sort by them and I want to show the table with sorted by E DESC.  I simply don't get the option to sort in the table and including it in a search shows:

Not able to sort using field 'E'.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

I’m afraid it’s a limitation of the Jira addon in Confluence. Are you able to sort by field E in Jira’s search results?

Stephen Casey November 1, 2017

Not exactly a solution, but I guess it's the answer.  Except, what's very odd is that I went to the page today and it seems to have updated itself and it's now allowing all of the fields to be sorted manually and by default through the query!

Oh well, no idea, but it's now doing exactly what I want it to so no complaints!

0 votes
Stephen Casey October 30, 2017

Ahh, I swear it didn't before, but yes - it now will allow me to pre-sort on 'E', though if it's re-sorted, the page has to be refreshed to get back to it because the header doesn't have the sorting option.

Close enough...  Thanks.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

Yeah, that a limitation of the Confluence macro, that doesn't support sorting on calculated fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events