Sonar for Bitbucket PR decoration fails with cross-repo PRs

Andre V October 7, 2019

On Bitbucket server, when a PR is opened from one repo into another and the branch on the source repo does not exist on the destination repo, PR Decoration fails to be displayed with the error message:

"An error occurred while getting data from Sonar
no ref found for <Branch_Name>"

Screenshot_20191007_183046.png

For clarification, our typical workflow goes something like this:

• Create your own fork of the main repo
  • In your fork, create your development branch and do your work
  • PR from your dev branch to the master branch of the main repo

I've been through every setting I can think of and I'm just not seeing what I'm doing wrong here that it's referencing the branch name from the source branch (fork dev branch; test-23 in this case) and failing when it doesn't exist.  If I just create a branch with the same name, it works, but I shouldn't have to push my dev branches from my fork into the main repo to get this to work. 

What am I missing here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Rüegg _Mibex Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Hi,

This is a known issue with app versions 2.6.x where the branch information is pulled from the target instead of the source repository when using forks. We will deploy a fix later today. I'll reply back here when it is available.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Michael (app vendor)

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Just wanted to let you know that we released a new version of the app including a bug fix for this a few moments ago.

Like Andre V likes this
Andre V October 8, 2019

Awesome!  Just installed the update and everything is working as expected now.  Thanks so much for the quick turn around on this!

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2019

You're very welcome!

Andre V November 13, 2019

(Removed)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events