Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Deleted user
0 / 0 points
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Solution to "An internal server error occurred when requesting resource" error

We began getting error "An internal server error occurred when requesting resource" for our Barchart gadget instances.  Online conversation suggested doing a reindex, but that didn't help.

In the Jira log we found this error:

No custom field for customfield_13413. This should not happen. Data is likely to be corrupt.

However, custom field 13413 no longer existed -- if we went to configure a different custom field and then changed the URL to have 13413 instead, it was not found.

We queried the customfield table directly in the database and 13413 was still in that table, and we learned it was part of an unrelated plugin (Risk Register) which we had disabled.  We re-enabled Risk Register and Barcharts started working again.

Is there any explanation for why Barcharts would require the presence of a custom field created by an unrelated plugin?  Is there some action that can be taken to decouple it so that the other plugin can be disabled again?

2 answers

Hi @David Stallard 

You have already identified the problem. For a proper fix you can contact the vendor and they will surely recommend something.

Just out of curiosity what is the name of your custom field?

I suspect you might have to get rid of the entries directly in the database which is not always fun but since you are on server it is still doable.


Hi David,

It appears straight forward to me, but I might be missing something. The plugin created a custom field in it's own tables in the database, the Barchart gadget instances use that custom field but can't read it because Jira without that plugin enabled can't read the table for the plugin, and an error is produced.

The solution is to replace that custom field on all projects/screens/issues/filters/etc that use that field with a field that is available to Jira without the plugin installed. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - Spring 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

179 views 3 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you