Slack Actions for Jira Server Integration

Sherryl Radbil February 17, 2022

I've googled myself silly and cannot find how to configure the Slack integration with Server the same as Cloud.

We have one Slack workspace that is integrated with both a Cloud Jira and a Server Jira.

When a ticket posts from the Cloud Jira we have ellipsis that allow us to Watch, Assign, Comment and Transition the issue right from Slack. For the Server Jira Slack posts we don't have these options.

How do I get those actions in Slack for Server Jira issues?

The screenshot shows what we see from jira and from Jira Cloud:

ServerAndCloudExample.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Hi @Sherryl Radbil ,

The Server / Data Center versions of the officially provided Slack app do not have the context menu features that you see in the Jira Cloud app. In that regard, the official Server/DC app is largely one-way (Jira -> Slack). As the on-prem Slack apps (for Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket) are now open-source , it is possible to fork the plugins and add any modifications you like.

As a faster path forward, I might suggest having a look at the other Slack connectors for Jira Server on the Atlassian Marketplace to find one that allows you to take actions from within Slack.

Cheers,
Daniel

Sherryl Radbil February 23, 2022

Thank you for the complete answer, Daniel. We will consider our options.

Much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events