Show the entire thread along with the latest reply

mariafm December 21, 2017

Hi,

We are using the Threaded comments add-on version 1.19 with self hosted Jira software version 7.4.3.

We have updated the config to display more recent comments first. When I reply to a comment that was added a few months back, i see the reply is displayed inline along with the original comment. The reply is also displayed as the first in the list of comments. 

Is there a way to display the comment along with the entire thread as the first entry in this case?

Thanks,

Maria. 

1 answer

0 votes
Maksim Zhumakhanov January 30, 2019

I met the same issue. But my configuration is typical for Jira - newest comments are at the end of the comments list. So, when I have many comments in Jira issue and reply to very old comment, then I have reply inline. But when I open the jira issue in web browser again, all comments are collapsed and at the end of the list I have latest reply to the old comment, but it appears without the entire thread. When I expand comments list, old thread returns at the end of comments list as it should. So, it's some confusing for me.

Thank you.

Ruby Paasche June 25, 2019

Sorry isn't possible to solve. The plugin only reorders the currently visible comments.  That's how it works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events