It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Show the entire thread along with the latest reply

Maria Manavalan Dec 21, 2017

Hi,

We are using the Threaded comments add-on version 1.19 with self hosted Jira software version 7.4.3.

We have updated the config to display more recent comments first. When I reply to a comment that was added a few months back, i see the reply is displayed inline along with the original comment. The reply is also displayed as the first in the list of comments. 

Is there a way to display the comment along with the entire thread as the first entry in this case?

Thanks,

Maria. 

1 answer

0 votes
Maksim Zhumakhanov Jan 30, 2019

I met the same issue. But my configuration is typical for Jira - newest comments are at the end of the comments list. So, when I have many comments in Jira issue and reply to very old comment, then I have reply inline. But when I open the jira issue in web browser again, all comments are collapsed and at the end of the list I have latest reply to the old comment, but it appears without the entire thread. When I expand comments list, old thread returns at the end of comments list as it should. So, it's some confusing for me.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

132 views 0 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you