Setup Automation Status Change to Project Move

Imran Habib December 4, 2020

I want to set up an automation that when I change the status of servicedesk incident to blocked, the incident should move to some other project as story or Epic.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Hi Imran - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You cannot do a Move to another project using Automation For Jira as there are too many factors in doing a Move. You would need to move the issue manually. 

You could get notified when the issues blocked so you can do the manual move, but that's about it. 

Imran Habib December 7, 2020

Ok, thanks for the help @John Funk, It was something I was feeling about this move. It doesn't feel to be an easy thing to move something from one project to another project through automation. Especially when the project types are different. ServiceDesk has different parameters as compared to SCRUM which is totally a different thing. 

Imran.

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

You could also clone the issue to a different project and issue type.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Good Idea!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events