Setting a field value based upon another field in a form

Glen Collins September 17, 2021

Hello. Can someone tell me the best way to set a field value based upon another field in the same form?

Say I have:

Field1: DatePicker.Value

Field2: UpdatedField

Field3: Yes or [empty]

Here is what Id' like to do. I'd like to update Field2 with the value from Field1 but based upon text is Field3. If Field3 has a "Yes" then I'd like to update Field2 with the value of Field1 adding 7 hours to the value. If Field3 is empty I'd like to update Field2 with the value of Field1 adding 17 hours to the value.

I have tried various functions like "Rules for Field Def" or "Field Definition" with formulas but what I'm seeing is the form (Field1 selected twice) has to be updated twice to be able to switch between the values correctly. What I need is when Field1 changes anytime, update Field2 with the proper values outlined above.

I looked into the IF statement but I don't know if that can be used in the Rules macro or not. I'm not finding much in the samples. But I'm still looking. If anyone knows, then please get back to me.

Thanks.

Glen

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2021

Hi Glen

There could be multiple approaches, including the one with formula or setting the expression (instead of Set Value action in "ConfiForms Field Definition Rules" macro)

Here is the one (on many) solutions that you can implement

http://recordit.co/paLkpHDb3S

Also, you may want to ask ConfiForms to calculate a bit more (probably will make it better maintainable in the future)

Field2=[entry.Field1.add([entry.id.evaluateFormula(3600000*7)]).formatDate()]&Field22=[entry.Field1.add([entry.id.evaluateFormula(3600000*7)])]

See, here I am asking to calculate 7 hours for me in milliseconds

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events