Setting Customer Request Type in Create Post-Function

Alexandra Smith April 10, 2018

Hi,

I'm attempting to set the customer request type of tickets in a specific workflow with a post-function upon create. I'm using the Set field value (JMWE add-on) function and I'm not sure how to write the specific customer request type value in Groovy. Just to make sure I tried with a raw value but of course that didn't work.

In case anyone has some great ScriptRunner ideas, we sadly don't have it yet.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

Actually, you can totally set the Customer Request Type to a raw value, you just need to know which value to use. Unfortunately, JSD doesn't have a consistent naming convention for customer request type IDs, so what you need to do is "test" the following Groovy script against an issue of the same request type as what you want to use in your post-function:

issue.get("Customer Request Type").toString()

This will give you the internal ID of that request type (which by the way is specific to a JSD project).

Alexandra Smith April 10, 2018

Thank you so much! I saw in the documentation about finding the ID (not that exact formula) but I couldn't figure out where to use it. It's a test of Groovy script, of course it'll work there. I really appreciate your help, thanks so much!

Chris Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

It is an old post, I know - but I need some help with it.

The above code results in something like this:

ictc/89bccfd1-6568-42b0-8387-182ff8c6a212

As far as I can see, this String changes with every Issue.

If I use the following code, I get an ID back.

issue.get("Customer Request Type")?.id

-> 66 (Integer)

I added a set field value post function to the create issue step in the workflow. I tried to set one of those two values from above, but neither did work. What am I doing wrong?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events