Set issue Duration in hours instead of days in WBS-Gantt-Chart for JIRA

Attila Fehérvári December 5, 2017

As a project manager I need to see the work load of our co-workers and often see overloads (more than 100%) on many developers.

This is because our daily practice to create JIRA Tasks shorter than a day (many of them just 2 or 4 hours) and developers work on more than one Tasks a day: 3 of 2 hours Tasks is 6 hours of work (less than thier 100% load) but in WBS-Gantt-Chart is impossible to set the Duration of a Task shorter than 1 day. That causes - with the previous example - 3 times 1 day work on the same calendar day = 300% load -> 3x overload of a resource.

Is it possible to configure WBS-Gantt-Chart for JIRA to use hours instead of day in the Duration field?

Thank you. 

7 answers

0 votes
Joris Vleminckx April 26, 2021

Same here

0 votes
Jeroen Koole December 3, 2020

We also need the possibility to use hours also. 

AS said before, issues call be solved in less thant one day.

Now the workload for people exceeds the 100% limit

Thanks

0 votes
gina.romerobaron February 27, 2020

We also need this

0 votes
Simon Young December 4, 2019

We need this too!

0 votes
Dion Wiggins November 5, 2019

Same issue here. Tasks can be performed in much less than a day. Hours and minutes like Microsoft Project are needed.

0 votes
Laur Mõtus May 31, 2019

We are experiencing same issue as Attila described, would be nice to get the time setting to be more granular :)

0 votes
Shunsuke Osawa December 5, 2017

Hi Attila,

I am afraid it is not possible to configure WBS-Gantt-Chart for Jira to use hours instead of day in the Duration field. We already have the feature request and filed in our public tracker, though.

https://rssupport.atlassian.net/browse/WGCPT-11

I encourage you to vote, comment, and watch the issue to get updates on it. We sincerely appreciate feedback from customers.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Attila Fehérvári December 6, 2017

Hi Sean,

thank you for your answer. I voted to that issue already, but that is not exactly what I mean, in my case would be an alternative solution if we could set Duration shorter than 1d -> 0.5 day or 0.1 day. This is actually not possible.

The preffered unit is Hour, that suits much more to our planning habits.

Thank you again.

Shunsuke Osawa December 12, 2017

Hi @Attila Fehérvári,

Thank you for voting the issue.

If you feel it is not exactly you want, please feel free creating another issue on the public tracker.

The feedback from customers is always welcome and valuable. :)

Cheers,

Attila Fehérvári December 19, 2017

Dear @Shunsuke Osawa,

thank you for your answer. I filed a Bug in the JIRA sytem becasue after analysing the situation it looks possible to use "hours" as a unit of the duration.

WGCPT-22

Please change the Bug issue type if it is just a side effect and "hours" handling is a New Feature.

Thank you.

Bye,

Shunsuke Osawa December 19, 2017

Thanks, @Attila Fehérvári

Our dev team will take a look at it.

Cheers!

Sean Osawa at Ricksoft April 26, 2021

We stopped using the public tracker and migrated the requests on it to our productboard earlier this year. 

The feature request below is a successor to WGCPT-11:

It is in the UNDER CONSIDERATION tab, and we are gathering feedback from customers.  

And here is the equivalent request for Cloud:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events