Set epic name to an issue with JMWE

Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2021

I have the following process in Jira Cloud:

Epic - Issue1(subtask1,subtask2,subtask3), Issue2(subtask1,subtask2,subtask3), Issue3(subtask1,subtask2,subtask3), Issue4(subtask1,subtask2,subtask3)

using JMWE I made the following:

when Epic is created an issue1 is created when issue1 is created subtask1 is created

this was made via workflows

What I need is:

1. When Issue 1 is created have the Epic Name field be populated with the Epic which it was created from to link them and use this link for issue2,3,4

2. when subtask3 is transitioned to done create issue2 which is linked to the epic

---

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thanks for your reply, this line really helped - What you want to do is to copy the Epic's key to the child's epic link field

I did the following:

1. Manipulate the issue workflow via subtask transition

2. Manipulate the epic workflow via issue transition

3. Set the epic link field value for issue1 to epic key

4. Set the epic link field value to copy from the current issue when the transition is making a new issue

Sound complicated but for me, this is a perfect solution.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2021

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2021

Hi @Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT  

1. First of all let me clarify that Epic Name exists only on epics. What you want to do is to copy the Epic's key to the child's epic link field
    epiclink rule.png
  2. For this request to work, I would suggest to create firstly a field (name it e.g. EpicLinkSubtask) which will hold the value of the epic key. Keep in mind that Epic - Subtask relationship does not exists. So you have to pass the Epic Link value of the Issue1 to the Subtasks(1,2,3).
    Then you would have to add a condition to that rule such as the following
    {% set subtasks = issue | parentIssue | subtasks("status") %}
    {% set trigger = true %}
    {% for v in subtasks %}
    {% if v.fields.status.name != "Done" %}
    {% set trigger = false %}
    {% endif %}
    {% endfor %}
    {{trigger}}

The above rule will be added to the done transition of your subtask
    create issue if all subtasks are on done status.png
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2021

-

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2021

Did you manage to work it out?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events