Sending an email after x days of an issue being resolved

Jose Soriano August 23, 2022

Hello everyone,

First time posting so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm trying to send an email after 10 days once a business trip request has been submitted and approved (I have the workflow going from awaiting approval to resolved). I've tried different methods but can't seem to get it to work. After doing some digging I read I should be able to do it with JQL but no luck, this is what I have so far:

What I am using as my criteria is:

Resolved is more than 200 hours and the business trip form is attached. (I've blocked out the form name and email addresses.)

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 17.04.36.png

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 17.09.58.png

I really appreciate any help! Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi Jose - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You might run the JQL you have in the Advanced Search to see if it returns issues for that project since it says it can't find anything. 

Jose Soriano August 24, 2022

Hi John, thank you for the response. I wasn't able to get this running but I think for now I will just use the transition from resolved to closed to send the email out (This worked for me). Ideally, I would love to be able to do it based on the timer request above but haven't been able to see how.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Did you at least try to run the query to see if anything came back ?

Jose Soriano August 29, 2022

Sorry for the delay in responding. I did try the query but it returns the same message as before saying there are no associated items. Not sure if it's the if statement that is ruining this or something else.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

So the problem is with your JQL then and not the automation rule. If the JQL doesn't return items in your advanced search, they won't in the automation rule either. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events