Send notifications to a limited number of users.

Marcelo Montaño Sánchez July 4, 2021

Hi everyone, I am using Jira Service Desk and I am creating tickets in the service desk portal.
When tickets are created, the tickets are shared with multiple users, for example:
Creator user
Assigned User
User 1
User 2
User 3
User 4
User n

When a user creates or edits a comment, I should notify only users who have created / edited comments, not all shared users.
For example, if a ticket has 10 shared users, but only 5 are commenting, the notification should only be for the 5 and not for the 10 users.
I tried to create an automatic rule, but there is no action "Run a script" and if I choose the option "Send email" I cannot select the corresponding users.

How could you implement this requirement?

Thanks

Greetings
Marcelo

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

@Marcelo Montaño Sánchez The only thing I could think of is to ensure that only users who comment are added as a request participant (Customers) or a watcher (Agents).  If they are in these groups then they will get notifications.  

There is no delivered way and I am not aware of any apps that would allow you to only send an email to those that have commented on the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events