Searching for options within attribute in formula (structures)

ryanzawada September 5, 2019

Hi Community,

I need help with a formula im working on. Basically I am trying to create an IF statement where I define an attribute, and I want to search within that attribute for a certain option. For example:

IF(Issuetype= (here i want to pull out a specific issuetype so it looks it up in the formula),'True')

Can anyone help me out? Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2019

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for posting. 

Can you provide some clarification as to what you mean exactly by "searching options within attribute" so I can better assist you? Are you looking to be able to pick up a field's possible values within a Formula or something else? It will also help us answer you if we know what the exact use case is. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,

Vlad

ALM Works 

ryanzawada September 11, 2019

So when you create a formula in a structure, lets say you put in the letter "i". The letter "i" doesnt have a variable assigned to it. So if you click on the i and assign a variable, it will give you an option to "Search attribute..." where a list will be provided. Lets say the attribute is the field "Issue Type", when creating a ticket for the structure that same field will display certain options to select. What I want to do within the formula is create an IF statement where I want it to search within that attribute/variable I have selected (Issue Type) and and I want to know how to search for a specific option within the issue type, like the options which are displayed in the field when creating a ticket.

Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the clarification.

As part of this feature request, would you want the auto-completion functionality when writing an IF statement, like it is done with JQL? 

Best Regards,

Vlad

All I really want to know is how to format the statement so it searches within the options of the attribute. Like what operator am I suppose to be using? (=, IS, etc.) and do I use " " or brackets around the text?

Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2019

Hi Ryan,

This is not currently possible. You can only search variables right now but not the actual options within the variable. I forwarded your use case to our Product Team. We will be looking into possible ways to implement this. Please confirm if auto-completion would be desirable as part of the feature.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Yes that would be very desirable. Thank you for your response I appreciate the assistance.

Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2019

Thanks for confirming, Ryan. You are very welcome, I'm happy to help!

Cheers,

Vlad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events