Search for test cycle and/or group tests into a parent issues

Robert Laviolette August 21, 2013

In our organization we have task and sub-task for developers who create features and sub-functions.

After development, QA Team execute all Zephyr tests case linked to features or functions.

I would like to know if there is a way to only link a test cycle to a task (or any other issues), so when a task is complete we find by one link the test cycle to be executed, instead of having to link all tests cases to the task (and this way cannot find easily the test cycle to be executed when this task is completed).

My point is that test cycle could be managed as an issue type.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Hi Robert,

Currently Zephyr for JIRA does not support sub-tasks so unfortunately this will not be an option. Also, want to make sure that I am understanding the rest of your question correctly. I am understanding that you want test cycles to be Issue types so that you can link issue types to the cycles, correct? If this is the case then no this is not possible. Also, currently for a change like that to occur would require us to restructure Zephyr for JIRA so I do not think it could be a feature request either.

If I am missing more to your quesiton please clarify and we will be able to help you out!

Kind Regards,

Emily

Robert Laviolette August 21, 2013

Yes, you're correct, and I understand the restructure impacts.

I found, within test cases, links to test cycles like this:

.../DisplayCycle.jspa?cycleId=3&versionId=13106&issueKey=PROJECT-835

I will try to do something with that to link Test Cycles to Task, instead of linking all Test-Case of that cycle.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events