Search for String within xRay Test Step Fields

Garth Smitman April 10, 2023

Using Jira Cloud, with xRay Cloud, is it possible to search for a Text String within the Test Step Action (manual test types) or within the Gherkin Statement? Across multiple Tests?

If I have 145 individual test issue types, and the issues are distributed across multiple folders, and I want to find each Test Step Action that has the word 'Rhinosaurus' (So I can make it `Rhinocerus`, for instance), is that possible? Similarly, if I wanted to search for a string across gherkin statements, is that possible?

(I think the 'WorkAround' would be to create a xPorter or xRay template, assign all the Tests to a Test Set or Test Plan, and export the plan. But, that's a heavy investment,...)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Garth Smitman 

as mentioned in the previous answer unfortunately I doubt that this is possible with built in JQL in Jira Cloud.

There is a GraphQL API for XRAY in Jira Cloud which is really powerful. If that might be a workaround for you (I guess in this case the effort is just once to find out the right API call) have a look at the following link:
https://xray.cloud.getxray.app/doc/graphql/gettests.doc.html

Best
Stefan

Garth Smitman April 11, 2023

I had not dug deep enough to get to this,... this looks promising and appears to answer my next question: How to I retrieve the evidence from XRay once the users have uploaded it (looks like I'd use the 'DownloadLink' associated with an Attachment object....

This,... I might have to ask for help from the team. This is a bit beyond my current capabilities. 

Thank you, Stefan!

-gs

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Garth Smitman April 10, 2023

Thank you! 

Yes, I found that. In my Cloud instance, this search appears to pull from description and other fields related to the test issue; it does not pull from the Test Step Fields.

2023-04-10_16-47-40.png

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

@Nicolas Grossi 

The link is pointing to the enhanced query which is only available for Server/DC. 

@Garth Smitman is asking for could environment.

Best
Stefan

Like Garth Smitman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events