It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search for CONTACT in Active Directory

Philippe Daoust Jan 11, 2013

Hello,

I have installed the User Profile plugin which I really love. By default it only scans for users in AD, would it be possible to make it so it also search for CONTACT's?

Your interface his so quick and awesome.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chin Kim Loong Atlassian Team Jan 11, 2013

Hi Philippe,

I guess you can search any known feature request (or even file one) from their User Profle plugin issue trackers. Since you're their customer, I believe they will provide a better support on this request. Good luck!

1 vote

Hi everyone,

we were able to answer the question of Philippe. In case anyone needs the same information, I will post the result here:

There was a misunderstanding about how users from external directories (like Microsoft Active Directory) are synchronized to Confluence. This is not done by the User Profile Plugin (UPP), but by standard functionality of Confluence. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+User+Directories for details.

So if you want to synchronize contacts from your Active Directory, like Philippe, you have to apply the correct configuration for the "User Schema Settings" of your LDAP configuration.

If all this is set up correctly, the profiles of the users can be enhanced by utilising the functionality of the UPP.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

506 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you