Search for CONTACT in Active Directory

Philippe Daoust January 11, 2013

Hello,

I have installed the User Profile plugin which I really love. By default it only scans for users in AD, would it be possible to make it so it also search for CONTACT's?

Your interface his so quick and awesome.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2013

Hi Philippe,

I guess you can search any known feature request (or even file one) from their User Profle plugin issue trackers. Since you're their customer, I believe they will provide a better support on this request. Good luck!

1 vote
Tino Winkler [Communardo] January 14, 2013

Hi everyone,

we were able to answer the question of Philippe. In case anyone needs the same information, I will post the result here:

There was a misunderstanding about how users from external directories (like Microsoft Active Directory) are synchronized to Confluence. This is not done by the User Profile Plugin (UPP), but by standard functionality of Confluence. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+User+Directories for details.

So if you want to synchronize contacts from your Active Directory, like Philippe, you have to apply the correct configuration for the "User Schema Settings" of your LDAP configuration.

If all this is set up correctly, the profiles of the users can be enhanced by utilising the functionality of the UPP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events