Scriptrunner for Cloud: Completion doesn't work

Michael Baumgärtel November 2, 2022

I am testing migration from JIRA Server to JIRA Cloud (trial environment) and also investigating ScriptRunner for Cloud (V 1.1.117-AC).
Unfortunately Ctrl+Space for Completion does not work as I know it from JIRA Server and also described in https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/code-editor.html.

Is it because I use Scriptrunner for Cloud only in the test version? Or do I have to configure something else?

Does anyone have a tip for me?autocomplete_scriptrunner_server.pngautocomplete_scriptrunner_cloud.png

Thank you    Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

I'm sorry for the delay in answering this, I was struggling to find the right person to talk to!

You're doing nothing wrong, it's just that Scriptrunner for Cloud is a very different thing to Scriptrunner for Server/DC and it is lagging behind Server/DC in terms of what it can do.

The short answer is that we have not yet implemented code completion in the Cloud version.

There's a long story about how Atlassian's Cloud code doesn't let us do stuff we can easily do with DC apps, including "it's getting better" but I won't bore you with it.

I've just been talking to the SR team though, and I asked.  Code completion on Cloud is in the top three things they are working on at the moment, and they're aiming to release something before this Christmas.  It might not be as clever, or work exactly the same as the server version, but there should be something soon!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events