Scriptrunner - Showing a screen on transition

Mikhail Kouyantsev December 17, 2020

Hello, everybody.
I'd like to show a cutom screen during a transition. The main point - I don't want to use Behaviors. Let's assume, that in our organization it is highly recomended to keep application changes in code, where it is possible, avoiding any customizations, that cannot be a part of code repository. 
Previously I used Power Scripts and it was a matter of one, barely several lines of code, but I'm unable to find either solution or tutorial regarding Scriptrunner. 
Any help will be welcome.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

You can do this with a "transition screen" off the shelf, in the workflow.  You don't need any customisations or apps to do that.

Mikhail Kouyantsev December 17, 2020

Oh, thanks a lot/

But there's a problem - I want to show that screen only when some conditions are met. For example, when I have no issues within specific project, linked with current issue via specific link. 
E.g. when I say "in code" I mean just it ;)
I just can't believe, there's no way to show a screen using lines of code in Scriptrunner.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Apps can't get into the hard-coded flow of a workflow to inject anything., but they can inject things into the screens used.  It does do dynamic forms, but I don't know if they are of much use to you (I've not used them so far) - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/dynamic-forms.html

However, I would try the easy way first:

Imagine you have a transition from Dev to Test.  If Alice runs it, they should see Screen-1, but if Bob runs it, they get Screen-2

• Create the transition with Screen-1
  • Create a second, parallel transition with Screen-2
  • Protect the first one with a condition that says "only Alice can run this", and the second one with "only Bob"

That was a copy and paste of the simple example from my notes and works without scriptrunner.  In your case, you would probably use SR to provide conditions for "no issues in project A linked to B" and the inverse.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events