Scriptrunner JQL function has linktype does not recognize valid link types

Dan Deftos November 7, 2014

While using the Scriptrunner JQL function "has linktype", it does not seem to recognize many of the link types we have established in our JIRA instance. It returns an error message stating "Cound not find any issue link type with name: "name of link type". It then enumerates the link types it does recognize, which is not an exhaustive list.

How do we get this JQL function to recognize the link types in our instance?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Some functions take types, some take "link descriptions", from which you can infer whether it's an outward or inward link. linkedIssuesOf is probably whaty you want. In recent versions the "link desc" is optional

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

No worries, I did it.

0 votes
Dan Deftos November 10, 2014

Thank you Jamie. How do I mark this as accepting your answer?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2014

Some functions take types, some take "link descriptions", from which you can infer whether it's an outward or inward link. linkedIssuesOf is probably whaty you want. In recent versions the "link desc" is optional.

0 votes
Dan Deftos November 8, 2014

Your response caused me to look at little more closely at our setup and the specifics around the problem. It has been educational. It seems that there are link types, which is what the JQL filter is looking for. In my instance, in fact the error message appears accurate as the way I have formed the filter I am in fact NOT looking for types but seems we are looking for the "inward description" applied to a particular link type. In my instance, we have JIRA Capture, the link type is "Bonfire Testing". However our user is looking to capture issues which have been linked with the Inward Description "Testing discovered". It seems we need to use the linkedIssuesOf function ?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2014

That's odd... please could you attach screenshots which 1) shows the jql query and the error message and 2) a screenshot of Admin -> Issue Linking, which will show the link type names and descriptions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events