• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Scriptrunner Check if user group has permissions in Confluence Space Edited

Hello, my ultimate goal for the script is to check all spaces in Confluence and see, in which space a certain user group is. And for these spaces I want to remove the user group they are in. I already know how to remove permissions for a group in a space.

But I simply cannot find any solution or similiar thread about how to search through all spaces, or even get all spaces, and then check if a group has permissions to it.

Anybody has tips or solutions? Thanks!

2 answers

Hi Sngy!

I've added a small script here that will iterate through each of your spaces, then through each of your space permissions and extract those that belong to a certain group

Let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions!

Kind regards, 
Lee

hi @Sngy did you check com.atlassian.confluence.security.PermissionManager and hasPermission method?

https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/6.1.4/com/atlassian/confluence/security/PermissionManager.html#hasPermission-com.atlassian.user.User-com.atlassian.confluence.security.Permission-java.lang.Object-

I guess that "target" parameter is your page. Unfortunatelly, I do not have chance to test it on Confluence right now :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

18 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you