ScriptRunner post-function - Update SD Request Type

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Hi community,

I am trying to use a ScriptRunner post-function to clone a SD Request into a new SD Request. How can I define the Request Type of the newly created SD Request?

I followed these instructions:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Script-Runner-set-Field-quot-Customer-Request-type-quot/qaq-p/44063

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Set-JIRA-Service-Desk-Custom-Field-in-groovy/qaq-p/518940

But I am not able to find a Request ID that should look something like "support/incident-report". In the Rest of such Request, I can only locate a numeric ID (43 in the example below):

"customfield_11002":{"_links":{"jiraRest":"[BASE_URL]/rest/api/2/issue/16757","web":"[BASE_URL]/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SDRE-71","self":"[BASE_URL]/rest/servicedeskapi/request/16757"},"requestType":{"id":"43","_links":{"self":"[BASE_URL]/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/1/requesttype/43"},"name":"Boîte aux lettres Outlook","description":"Demande d'une nouvelle boîte aux lettres Outlook","helpText":"","serviceDeskId":"1","groupIds":["3"],"icon":{"id":"11704","_links":{"iconUrls":{"48x48":"[BASE_URL]/secure/viewavatar?avatarType=SD_REQTYPE&size=large&avatarId=11704","24x24":"[BASE_URL]/secure/viewavatar?avatarType=SD_REQTYPE&size=small&avatarId=11704","16x16":"[BASE_URL]/secure/viewavatar?avatarType=SD_REQTYPE&size=xsmall&avatarId=11704","32x32":"[BASE_URL]/secure/viewavatar?avatarType=SD_REQTYPE&size=medium&avatarId=11704"}}}},"currentStatus":{"status":"En attente d'approbation","statusDate":{"iso8601":"2020-11-05T06:22:00+0100","jira":"2020-11-05T06:22:00.493+0100","friendly":"5 minutes ago","epochMillis":1604553720493}}}

With the ID 43 in the following post-function script, the Request Type remains empty in the newly created Request:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.IssueChangeHolder

issue.summary = 'Boîte aux lettres Outlook'

// Customer Request Type custom field (added by JIRA Service Desk)
final String SERVICE_DESK_REQUEST_CUSTOMFIELD = "customfield_11002"

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
CustomField requestTypeField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(SERVICE_DESK_REQUEST_CUSTOMFIELD)
String issueType = issue.getIssueTypeObject().getName();

// Customer Request Type ID (Boîte aux lettres)
String requestTypeValue = "43";
if (requestTypeValue != null) {
	IssueChangeHolder changeHolder = new DefaultIssueChangeHolder();
	def requestType = requestTypeField.getCustomFieldType().getSingularObjectFromString(requestTypeValue)
	requestTypeField.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(requestTypeField), requestType), changeHolder)
}

I am wondering if there is an issue with the Request ID or if there is something else.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,

David

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

I solved my issue: I found the correct Request Type ID using the Export->XML feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events