ScriptRunner blocks update due to required field on different tab

DH July 1, 2020

I'm running Jira Server 7.9.2 and ScriptRunner 6.0.1.

I have a create/edit screen with 3 tabs.

Tab 0 has 2 required fields set in the field config.

Tab 1 and Tab 2 have fields that are dynamically required via a Behaviour.

Steps

1. Begin a new ticket, fill out Tab 0 fields
  2. Go to Tab 1, select a dropdown value of 'Yes'. When you do, it triggers my Behaviour and the fields on Tab 1 become dynamically required.
  3. On Tab 1, leave the required fields empty.
  4. Go back to Tab 0. Do nothing.
  5. Press Submit/Update

While on Tab 0, ScriptRunner blocks the Submit or Update because we have required fields on Tab 1, which isn't currently selected and therefore is not visible to the user.

Question

When the user is on a Tab that is completely filled out, but another Tab has required fields that still need to be filled out, how can I make that obvious to the user to switch to the Tab 1 to fill out the required fields before trying to submit?

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 7.12.29 PM.jpg

In this screenshot, the 'Background Info' tab is complete, but the Software tab has required fields. There's no visual cue to the user to switch tabs to continue filling out required fields.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rik de Valk September 15, 2020

Hi @DH , 
We were having the same problem. I found out that this was already raised as a Bug with Adaptavist. The bug has been fixed in v6.9.0.

See https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.9.0/jira/releases/release-notes-6.x.html 

Bug SRJIRA-4332. So upgrading to this version or above should resolve your problem. 

Cheers, Rik

DH September 25, 2020

Thank you @Rik de Valk , we are on Jira 7.9.2 and ScriptRunner 6.3.

Version 6.9.0 of ScriptRunner does not support our version of Jira.

We are planning to upgrade soon, but until then, we are will have to wait to get the bug fix when we upgrade.

1 vote
DH July 9, 2020

The Answer I came up with was not to use a behaviour to make them dynamically required.

Instead, I used a workflow 'simple scripted validator' which returns the user to the correct tab and highlights the field with a message of your choice, indicating to the user that the field is required.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events