Script runner to check if a field contains text

Belinda Tinsley August 16, 2017

Is there a way to check where field contains a text? I have a custom field that is a check box containing 4 options of which one is 'Windows Operations'. Anyone know how I can this part of the script to work "new_field_value == 'Windows Operations'" I have tried everything I can think of or found on this site.....

TIA!

/*Gather changed field at the Issue Updated*/
def field = event.getChangeLog().getRelated('ChildChangeItem').find{it.field == "Deployment Team(s)"};
/*Gather field old value*/
def old_field_value = field.oldstring; //Old String of the field
/*Gather field new value*/
def new_field_value = field.newstring; //New String of the field
(issue.issueType.name == 'Release' ) && (new_field_value == 'Windows Operations' )

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2017

Hi Belinda,

You could try:

def field = event.getChangeLog().getRelated('ChildChangeItem').find{it.field == "Deployment Team(s)"};

def new_field_value = field.newstring as String

if((issue.issueType.name == 'Release' ) && (new_field_value.contains("Windows Operations"))){

//Do Something
}

let me know if that helps

-Roberto

Belinda Tinsley August 24, 2017

Oh yeah! That's what I needed.....I didn't get the if part to do what I want but.....the script now does EXACTLY what I need. Posting here for others that may benefit. This is in the clone issue's condition:

def new_field_value = field.newstring as String; //New String of the field
(issue.issueType.name == 'Release' ) && (new_field_value.contains ("Windows Operations"))

Like Michael Smith likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events