Script runner - create an issue based on checkbox

Belinda Tinsley August 14, 2017

On edit of an issue, if a check box for a custom field such as Deployment Team (teamA, teamB, teamC) is clicked (not just has the value because I may be editing my issue for other reasons), I would like to create an issue for the relevant team.

Ideas?

Thanks....

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Sounds like a script listener on issue updated is what you are looking for. ScriptRunner have two built-in scripts that may work for you, create subtask and clone an issue.

Belinda Tinsley August 15, 2017

Thank you much! I will explore that option.

Belinda Tinsley August 15, 2017

I got the script runner to create my new issue but anytime I edit the issue it creates another (clones) so I need to check that the value was changed from "" to "myvalue".  I didn't find any examples in script runner on doing that.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

I found this question, hopefully it will help you check the changed value, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Script-Listener-Old-Field-Value/qaq-p/410667

Belinda Tinsley August 16, 2017

I think I have it working....just have to tweak it some. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events