Script Runner custom field to integrate with other system data

ashwani kabra June 20, 2020

I tried to work on following scenario but didn't succeed.

When click on create issue, it opens the form. i need to get the data from other system calling rest API and load data in drop down. once vale selected in Drop down, other field value from the pulled data need to fill in other custom field. This should be selected and at the time of modification rest api should be called again. Can someone help me with script example.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2020

Hi @ashwani kabra 

Take a look at this page, you will find plenty of examples and scripts similar to your requirements.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

ashwani kabra June 23, 2020

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for sharing this. As you advised, i have used the script runner.

2 things i have achieved:

1. Create Rest end point which is executing

2. Created Custom Field, configure for the project and it appear in screen after issue creation. But this field is not appearing when on create Page (issue create screen pop-up). 

Could you please assist on this to be more specific. I need when click on create issue, screen pop-up and script runner based scripted field should appear with drop down list and this drop down value should appear for user to select. once selected. user will submit issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events