Script Runner - Hide UI Element not working as expected

Jo-Anne MacLeod January 29, 2021

I am trying to hide two elements for two projects.  The first project works fine (Project1), but the second project (Project2) is leaving the "Assigned to Me" visible.  I've tried to separate the two with the same behaviour.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 08.36.05.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Lih Yao Tiong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2021

Hi @Jo-Anne MacLeod ,

Unfortunately, you cannot hide the "assign to me" in Jira just ScriptRunner.

You might be able to:

• Use "Assign issues" permission via project permission scheme to remove the "Assign to me" link based on the certain criteria.
  • Add custom Javascript to do so.

I think in the past there was a module installed by the system plugin provided by Jira called Issue operations plugin and the ScriptRunner developer thinks that module is where that com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issueoperations:assign-to-me module identifier points to and it was removed.

Navyashree Vittal February 1, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked with the  "Assign issues" permission via project permission scheme to remove the "Assign to me" link based on the certain criteria.

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Hi Jo-Anne,

I believe the condition states, "Not these two projects." You may want to remove the exclamation point and curved parentheses. There is an example on Adaptavist's Hide UI documentation. Cheers!

Jo-Anne MacLeod January 29, 2021

ya, I read the documentation.  If you read down on the page, you will find that what I have is exactly what the documentation examples show.  For the record though, if I remove the ! (not) and the brackets, then I have the same behaviour, in that it still doesn't work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events