Script Runner- Clone issue Post Function, issue with clearing the Epic Link field

Donncha Daly June 29, 2015

Hi,

I am using Script Runner's Clone Issue post-function to clone an issue into a different project and issue-type. During the cloning I want to clear some fields in the cloned issue.

in the Additional issue actions field, I can successfully use the following code;

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Story Points'}
     issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, null)
     issue.summary = "CLONE - " + transientVars["issue"].summary;

and the Story Points field is cleared.

However when I use the same code to clear the Epic Link field as below, the Epic Link field remains the same

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Epic Links'}
     issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, null)
     issue.summary = "CLONE - " + transientVars["issue"].summary;

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is the case and how to resolve it?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2015

Epic Links is not a real custom field that you can clear like that. See the documentation here: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Clonesanissueandlinks - to see how to control which links are copied.

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

I had to use the following to get the epic link cleared:

checkLink = {link -> link.issueLinkType.name != "Epic-Story Link"}

Note that this throws me an in-line 'no such property' error, but it does seem to work.

2 votes
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2016

Just cross-posting my answer from a similar question that referenced this one.

The Epic Link is actually its own separate custom field, distinct from regular links. As such, you'll need to clear it separately from the checkLinks closure. You can do both (set checkLink and clear the Epic Link), or just do the one that suits you in the Additional Actions section of a post function. To clear it, just set the value to null.

checkLink = {link -> false};
def epic = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Epic Link'}
issue.setCustomFieldValue(epic, null)

Take note that your mileage may vary on accessing the Epic Link through the custom field manager, depending on what version of JIRA (and JIRA Software vs JIRA Agile) and ScriptRunner you're using. I tested the above on JIRA 7 with the latest ScriptRunner (4.3.5).

Sema YILDIRIM March 29, 2020

thank you :)

0 votes
Donncha Daly July 5, 2015

Hi Jamie, thanks for the answer. However, when I put the checkLink = {link -> false};  code into the Additional Code field, it cleared some test links I had in the issue, but it didn't clear the Epic link field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events