Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Script Fields inline source code disappears from Jira?

Some of the script fields inline source code disappears - has anyone seen this before and were you able to recover the lost inline source code?

2 answers

The same in our system, script fields content inline code dissappears after reindex...very very ugly

Hi Matt, 

I personally haven't encountered this issue, so forgive me, if I can't help you with this very problem.

However, may I suggest NOT to use inline scripts at all? What I like to do, is to keep all my scripts in jiraHome/scripts directory and simply specify a path to a relevant file in my scripted fields, listeners, postfunctions, etc. Furthermore, using a version control system (like Git or Subversion) to store all your code will help you easily restore it, in case something goes wrong.

Hope this helps.

Ugh, this just happened to us today. If anybody is still watching this thread, any updates on how you resolved the disappearing inline scripts?

We had to restore the scripts from a backup.

See SRJIRA-3681.

(We are wiser now and are storing copies of our scripts in Bitbucket.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

77 views 2 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you