Script Fields inline source code disappears from Jira?

Matt Carter January 3, 2019

Some of the script fields inline source code disappears - has anyone seen this before and were you able to recover the lost inline source code?

2 answers

0 votes
Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 23, 2020

The same in our system, script fields content inline code dissappears after reindex...very very ugly

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hi Matt, 

I personally haven't encountered this issue, so forgive me, if I can't help you with this very problem.

However, may I suggest NOT to use inline scripts at all? What I like to do, is to keep all my scripts in jiraHome/scripts directory and simply specify a path to a relevant file in my scripted fields, listeners, postfunctions, etc. Furthermore, using a version control system (like Git or Subversion) to store all your code will help you easily restore it, in case something goes wrong.

Hope this helps.

Christopher Heritage
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

Ugh, this just happened to us today. If anybody is still watching this thread, any updates on how you resolved the disappearing inline scripts?

Christopher Heritage
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

We had to restore the scripts from a backup.

See SRJIRA-3681.

(We are wiser now and are storing copies of our scripts in Bitbucket.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events