Screens and Listeners

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

I created a listener that modifies components of the parent based on the components of its children. The listener works great, but when I remove the Component field from the parent's edit screen (but leave it in the view screen), the listener no longer adjusts the components.

Nonetheless, I know the listener is still doing its magic since I can see its debug entries in the log file so it has something to do with how I'm re-configuring the screens. Any guidance here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

Are you using IssueService to set the components? One of the requirements of using that is that you need the fields on "Edit" screen when you invoke update method.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2012

You can instead use IssueManager to override those checks.

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2012

yep, jobin. i'm using issueservice. know any work arounds? or other methods i should be using instead?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events