Salesforce connector how to copy bindings from one issue type to another

debra.l February 23, 2021

I set up our bindings from Jira to SF on one issue, but we have created another issue and would like to copy our current bindings to this new issue. How can I do this? 

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Debra, 

You'd need to add the mappings manually for the new issue type. However, you can do what Phyllis has suggested if you'd like to add the same mappings for other projects.

When exporting the mappings you'll get a json file that contains the issue types IDs and their field mappings. 

{"10002":{"Case":[{"local":"summary","localSchema":{"type":"string","system":"summary"},"remote":"Subject","remoteSchema":{"type":"string"},"inbound":true,"outbound":true},{"local":"description","localSchema":{"type":"string","system":"description"},"remote":"Description","remoteSchema":{"type":"textarea"},"inbound":true,"outbound":true}]},"10003":{},"10005":{},"10006":{},"10007":{},"10008":{},"10009":{}}
0 votes
Phyllis Zhu May 19, 2021

I'm doing the same, have over 10+ projects I am trying to setup. I exported the mapping and just import the file for each one. 

I wish there was an easy way that would allow me to copy -> popup to select the project and save. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events