SQL Server 2000: Corrupt Stored Procedure (or syscomments table)

vukasinganjic June 23, 2015

Under SQL Server 2000, I'm having a problem using (or viewing) a stored procedure.  When trying to view the SP using the Enterprise Manager I'm getting this error message:

Error 0:[SQL-DMO]Object 'dbo.SP_ProcName' was not scripted. It is possible that the information in system table 'syscomments' about the object was corrupt or missing?

I can delete the SP using this interface without issue (by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Delete').  I can, using the Query Analyzer, recreate it using a CREATE PROCEDURE script.   When I try to use or view this script after recreating it, however, I get the same error message.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
moisescasado June 25, 2015

Use guide below or next method if you can't restore sql database https://www.repairtoolbox.com/sqlserverrepair.html SQL Server Repair Toolbox

• Click the Windows 2008 "Start" button and select "Control Panel." Click "Add or Remove Programs" to open a list of software installed on your computer. If you have Windows 7, click "Programs" then "Programs and Features."
  • Click the software item labeled "SQL Server Management Studio." Click the "Change" button. If you have Windows 7, double-click the icon. This opens an installation wizard.
  • Click "Workstation components" and click "Next." Click the "Change Installed

Components" button. This opens a new window. Click "Client Tools" and click "OK." Click the "Next" button.

• Click the "Install" button to reinstall Management Studio. If you are prompted to reboot the machine, click "Restart.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events