RuleService is deprecated

Irina Svirkina September 18, 2021

Hi all,

We develop a plugin for Jira Data Center (Git Plugin for Jira). We are developing own Automation for Jira  triggers and managed to implement them following the instructions. Our triggers work. Great.

But we want to implement some internal performance optimization in order to prevent 10000 events pushed in a moment in vain. The next info would help us to decrease the event flooding

• whether at least one rule with our trigger is setup and enabled
  • what is a creation datetime of the rule (the earliest one)

Unfortunately RuleService.getRules() throws UnsupportedOperationException. How can I get list of rules?

The only idea I have is  to raise a dummy event to ourselves on plugin enable (or every 5 minutes), then grab ruleContext.getRuleConfigBean().created in MyEventTriggerRuleComponent.execute(). But here another questions appear:

1. is there a guaranteed delivery of event to trigger? I will reformulate the question. Is it possible that some event can get lost?
  2. Jira DC: is there a guarantee that if an event is fired on one node, then it will be handled on the same node?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Irina Svirkina September 19, 2021

Let it be.

1 vote
Daniel Ramotowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2021

Hi Irina, 

Unfortunately RuleService is deprecated and not supported now. Regarding Your questions:
ad 1. Only runtime errors could cause event to be not delivered

ad 2. Third party triggers are poked asynchronously via automation queue (DB), so there is no warranty that node which raises the event will handle it.

Cheers

Daniel Ramotowski

Irina Svirkina October 8, 2021

Thank you for your reply.

0 votes
Irina Svirkina September 23, 2021

No, I still need RuleService.getRules() because of questions 1 and 2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events