Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Round time in Tempo

We've installed the time tracker, however we're supposed to log the time to the nearest 1/4 hour (15 minute segments). So if I've worked 17 minutes, I'd like to log it as 15 minutes, without having to change the 17 to 15 manually.

How would you automatically perform such a calculation (i.e., round to nearest interval)?

Thank you!

14 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Dave

This is not possible in current Tempo version

We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better. If you have a feature request, you can create an issue in our Atlassian JIRA https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTMPO.

Other users with similar requests can vote on these issues.

Best Regards

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Please add the feature request on my behalf. Thank you.

+1

We need that, as well (ideally: real time spent in "time spent", rounded time in "time billed"). Would be nice if rounding rules were (to some extent) configurable, like "always round up to next interval". Background: We charge "each 15min that have begun" to compensate for interruption-driven work overhead (service calls, etc.).

On a side note: Having the rounded values available in the time tracking reports (Jira gadgets) would make an excellent service contract contingent overview ("how much of our monthly service budget is used/available?").

Hello,

Not having specific time down to the second creates a large amount of non-tracked time. We need the ability to add seconds or at the very least choose round up. 

Thank you,

David Knaisch

I need to track exact times - I track my team by the minute and loose massive amounts of logged time because of the rounding down.  In some cases a support engineer will open an existing ticket to add a comment that takes 45 seconds and gets no credit.  Aggregated over a month this has a significant distortion of actual time spent logging worked time.  

In all cases we loose time unless we hit at exactly the top of the minute.

Tempo is great but this feature needs to be integrated.

What is the status of this feature?

This is still a very relevant feature request which has not been solved yet. The links above are dead...

Hi, I am unable to open the link you put in @SverrirT

What is the status of this? Will we have this feature in future Tempo versions? or maybe it is already available? Not finding it though so I would love some info on how to do this.

Best regards

Sigga Harpa

+1

This would be a very useful feature.

+1

My company also needs this feature!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

460 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you