Rolling total for custom field from different projects and different issuetypes

anthony_butler October 21, 2020

I have two projects, Incident Management and Problem Management. In the Incident Management project I have a field titled 'Incident Cost - Lost Agent Hours' that we fill in with a numeric value at the end of every incident to reflect how many hours it has cost us from an end user CS agent perspective. We then link our incidents to problem tickets in the Problem Management project. One problem can have multiple incidents linked to it if necessary. 

I would like to be able to set up a script that takes the 'Incident Cost - Lost Agent Hours' value from the incident tickets and returns a sum of them on the problem ticket. I would like this to update each time a new incident ticket is linked to the problem ticket so as to show a running total. For example:

Incident ticket 123 has a value of 10 agent hours, when it is linked to problem ticket 123 the value of 10 is shown in the agent hours field.

Incident ticket 345 has a value of 20 agent hours and is subsequently linked to problem ticket 123. The value in he agent hours field should now read 30. 

Is this possible at all?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events