Resyncing in BigPicture destroyed the project tree

t.smith January 9, 2020

I have a project, which was started in JIRA, however I've started using the Gantt charts in BigPicture to organize the timeline.

I had several "Artificial" Tasks in there to capture groups of Jira Tasks.

Over the course of several task additions, I would occasionally hit "Resync" to pull in new tasks that weren't automatically showing up.  Typically this would work.

A few times now however, if I hit "Resync" the entire structure would be lost and it resorts everything by Task ID (Artificial Tasks first, then all other Tasks in numerical order).

Is this a bug?

How do I get my nicely organized structure back?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
t.smith January 13, 2020

I found a solution to my BigPicture issue.

I've cancelled and uninstalled BigPicture and installed Microsoft Project instead.

This solution worked perfectly, and as a side benefit of not risking the loss of hours and hours of work, it is far more functional.

Microsoft Tech Support answered one of my calls in 5 minutes.  It has both a desktop client, and cloud based option, and costs roughly the same as BigPicture.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Hello @t.smith ,

thank you for posting your solution here its always good to get feedback on what worked well, as well as what did not work well in each scenario.

I corrected the issue you reported on this thread and just a heads up for future referance on some tips and tricks to get the best visibility on a question in the community site that may have helped your question get seen faster as the are a lot of nuances to the site that can be used for routing.

The following information and more including details on the badges can be seen in our getting started FAQ for community viewable at the following link:

The third party vendors that host their application on the Atlassian marketplace will watch for questions in community relating to their apps and adhere to our vendor guidelines in this matter meaning they will not always watch other categories and some questions will be missed, You can review the partner guidelines here.

This request was created in the Jira Software collection but If the question is in regards to an app its recommended to create question in the "marketplace apps and integration" collection as the marketplace vendors keep a closer eye on this location for questions relating to their tool sets.

To take it a step further this question initially being relate to Big Picture you can add the vendors application specific tag to question to flag it to their specific collection for maximum visibility.  Many add-on apps hosted in the atlassian marketplace will have a application specific tag with a link to that tags collection that can be found on the support tab of the vendors marketplace listing , in the "Vendor support resources" section as a link to:

See existing Q&A in Atlassian Community

Atlassian-hosted discussions connect you to other customers who use this app.

And if you ask a question from that location it will auto tag the question with  the vendors app tag in this case "addon-eu.softwareplant.bigpicture" and "atlassian-marketplace" for the maximum visibility and exposure for those looking to help with the app related questions.

Hope this helps, and thanks again for posting

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events