Restricting vote and survey access to individual users

HC November 12, 2013

In both the vote and survey plugins, there is a parameter "List osf viewers" which allows the admin to restrict the plugin to specific users to "view results" (at least according to the help text). However, I am seeing two different behaviors when I use that feature in both the vote and survey plugin.

In the "survey" plugin, I see this error message when logging in as a user not defined in that parameter. "You do not have permission to view this survey".

In the "vote" plugin when logged in as someone not in the "list of viewers" parameter, I can still see the vote question and can vote, but I cannot see the summary (which is consistent with the parameter text).

Is there a reason why these two plugins are behaving differently for the same parameter? Should I be seeing "You do not have permission to view this survey" for both instead?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
HC November 14, 2013

Thanks for your response. We are currently running v1.188. When we have ids in the "list of viewers" parameter for the "vote" plugin, it does not show results for non-"viewers" (which is consistent with your note "In the list of viewers you restrict to see the results"). I just thought that since I got the "You do not have permission to view this survey" using the same "list of viewer" parameter in the survey plugin, I should be seeing similar behavior in the vote plugin.

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2013

i am unsure what i can do to help you here. Can you update your plugin to the latest version and tell me its behaving differently as i said or isnt that possible then please state which confluence version you are using so i can check whether the old plugin was behaving that way.

So if you are running confluence 4.0 or higher please update the plugin.

0 votes
Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

it probably should behave the same way. Do you have the latest version of the plugin? just to be sure to have the same base for the investigation.

In the list of viewers you restrict to see the results, and in the list of voters you control the ability to participate.

UPDATE: I just tested the latest version 2.2.2, it does behave the exact same way for the list of viewers. It allows me still to vote but does not show the results.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events