Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Restrict user groups who can edit epic link in a particular project

Hi Guys,

I attempted to ask in general and was directed over here. I want to restrict our support group from editing the epic link field on the create and edit screens of our bug form. We have a user group for them already and we also have user groups that represent the users I want to allow to have permission to edit that field. What is the best way to do that? 

Original post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Restrict-user-groups-who-can-edit-epic-link-in-a-particular/qaq-p/1586150?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=accept_as_solution_reminder&utm_content=topic

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

I am not as familiar with the server version, but you should be able to remove the fields from the Create and Edit screens, Then create a Transition Screen that has only those fields on the new screen. 

Then create a self looping transition on the workflow that uses that new screen. Put a condition on the transition to only allow the people who you want to be able to update those fields. 

thanks, @John Funk  that is a neat idea which should work. 

my concern is that i share edit and view screens right now so i would need to break those out as well. If anyone knows any way to restrict the fields based on a list of users or a user group, i would really like to try that. 

John Funk Community Leader Jan 28, 2021

You are not going to be able to restrict fields by users or a group in Jira Cloud. 

But you can copy the screen and just make the changes. It's really fast and easy. 

Just label one View and one Edit. Or just leave the original name and label the other Edit that you remove the fields from. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

672 views 7 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you