Restrict user groups who can edit epic link in a particular project

Lexi January 25, 2021

Hi Guys,

I attempted to ask in general and was directed over here. I want to restrict our support group from editing the epic link field on the create and edit screens of our bug form. We have a user group for them already and we also have user groups that represent the users I want to allow to have permission to edit that field. What is the best way to do that? 

Original post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Restrict-user-groups-who-can-edit-epic-link-in-a-particular/qaq-p/1586150?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=accept_as_solution_reminder&utm_content=topic

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lexi August 2, 2023

we were able to accomplish this with behaviors in script runner

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

I am not as familiar with the server version, but you should be able to remove the fields from the Create and Edit screens, Then create a Transition Screen that has only those fields on the new screen. 

Then create a self looping transition on the workflow that uses that new screen. Put a condition on the transition to only allow the people who you want to be able to update those fields. 

Lexi January 27, 2021

thanks, @John Funk  that is a neat idea which should work. 

my concern is that i share edit and view screens right now so i would need to break those out as well. If anyone knows any way to restrict the fields based on a list of users or a user group, i would really like to try that. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

You are not going to be able to restrict fields by users or a group in Jira Cloud. 

But you can copy the screen and just make the changes. It's really fast and easy. 

Just label one View and one Edit. Or just leave the original name and label the other Edit that you remove the fields from. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events