Restart SLA

Ayush June 11, 2019

How do I restart the SLA in the following cases -

When someone comments on the ticket

When someone changes the status of the ticket.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 11, 2019

Hi Ayush,

Developer from Automation for Jira here.

Jira does not provide an API for resetting SLA counters, the closet thing is configuring service desk to finish the SLA to a custom status i.e. "Reset SLA" or something of that sort. You can then have Automation for Jira transition to that special status and back to effectively reset the SLA counter. This is not ideal, but it's the only option available to us for now.

Here's a similar community Q&A: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Reset-SLA-on-public-comment/qaq-p/989650

Cheers,
Yvan

WasimBuden April 19, 2020

Hi @Yvan,

This workaround sounds reasonable as 'Jira' doesn't have an option for us to use 'comment for customers' while writing SLAs.

My question is, say for example - I am working on a ticket and it's current status is ' work in progress' when I use ' reply to customer' on the ticket and send a update to the customer I want the tool to automatically recognise this trigger and change status to ' customer updated' and again it should automatically reset the status to ' Work In progress'( I have configures SLA as start at status ' Work in progress').

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events