Resolved issue remaining in queue

roger_alling December 17, 2019

So ive made a automation for sending out a email. Basicly its because our HR department wants everything in one place but we dont want to deal with a actuall issue, so I made a Automation that checks for correct issue type, sets the issue to "In-Progress" and sets a label (to get it out of our "New Issues" queue), sends out a email, then transitions issue to "Resolved".

Now, everything works, the email gets sent out, the label is set and the issue goes to "Resolved". But the problem is that the issue remains as if active, so I can find it in "unassigned issues". And even if I go and manually set it to "Closed" it still remains there. Ive also tried having the automation set me as Assignee, but same issue, except its now stuck in my queue, only way to get rid of it is to delete the issue.

Anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to fix it?

This is what my rule looks like (sorry for censored fields)

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
michael.mandel December 18, 2019

Hey Roger,

Your issue may be that you are not setting a resolution on the issue. You should add an "Edit Issue" step to update the "Resolution"

roger_alling December 18, 2019

You are a saint, this was indeed the issue :D

Thanks allot, ive been stuck on this for quite a while.

Michael Flowers September 22, 2020

Sorry, I know this is a bit old, but what does that look like exactly? I am having the same issue. Seems like an easy fix, just struggling to figure it out. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events