Requirements

Sandra Smith May 6, 2013

I would like to import 50 Test Cases and 50 requirements how can I do this, is there an Plug-in/Add-in that will allow my to import the test cases and requirements?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

You can use the import tool in admin panel which is bundled with JIRA. There you can import your test cases and requirements using CSV files.

Sandra Smith May 6, 2013

Thank you Mathias, I am the Sr. Systems Analyst and have been tasked with finding ways to improve upon our QA process and this one was the most important requirement that I was tasked with.

Have a great day!

Sandra Smith May 6, 2013

Can I use this with the free version?

Sandra Smith May 6, 2013

Hi Mathias, we are using

o JIRA(v5.0.2#725-sha1:5735107)

Can we still import using this version?

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013
Yes, you can use it in your version.
0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Hi Sandra, here you have some docs on how to do it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+CSV

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

And here you have a list of the issue trackers that already have a built-in migration:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+Other+Issue+Trackers

Sandra Smith May 6, 2013

Ramiro, Can I use this with the free version?

Sandra Smith May 6, 2013

Thank you too Ramiro!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Yes Sandra, if I'm not wrong this Jira importer comes integrated with Jira. Altought I don't know what you mean with Free Version.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Here you have the steps on how to initate the Importerts Wizard:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+CSV#ImportingDatafromCSV-how

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events