Representing Estimate and Work log values as Working Interval in SIL

salman_kagzi April 29, 2014

I am using SIL Custom field in my Epics to sum up Remaining Estimates (estimate in SIL), Original Estimates (originalEstimate) and Time Spent (timeSpent) as I undesrant these are currently represented as 24 Hour interval. Where as values we seen in Jira a working hour Interval i.e. 8 hours a day and 5 days a week kind of thing.

Are there any API's that could convert these 24 hours inteval to working hours interval. In short something which is exaclt opposite of toRawWorkingInterval

Further. Since I was not able to find any reference of such API in the documentation, I have cooked something of My own. But it is unable to take into consideration the settings which could be changed in Jira to represent a working day shorter or public holidays and etc.

Since, SIL is more close to jira at the server, Can it not take those details into consideration provide an API to covert 24 Hours interval to a Working hour interval.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Hi Salman,

This was discussed before here http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/KCF-12

In short, SIL and JIRA are using seconds to represent time so you will have to get the number of seconds from an interval variable( someIntervalValue["TOMILLIS"] will give you the milliseconds ) and transform it to a human readable format.

Best regards,

Silviu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events