Reporting the amount of linked Zendesk tickets in Jira

Alan Butcher May 11, 2023

Hello, we are looking for a way to report on the number of linked Zendesk tickets in Jira.

We escalate our bug tickets from Zendesk to Jira through the integration, but we have mismatches in our reporting numbers of the amount of open bug ticket between the two. We currently have a one to many relationship, where we have one Jira issue to many Zendesk tickets. 

For example,  this issue has 2 linked Zendesk tickets to it, so in Zendesk we show that we have 2 bug tickets, but in our Jira reporting it shows there is only one because there is only one issue. image.pngimage.png

Is there a way to build a report in Jira that will count the number of linked Zendesk tickets so that our numbers across platforms will match? Thanks! 

3 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Hi Alan, 

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

I am not aware of any way to do this as the plugin does not allow writing to any custom fields in a customised manner. What I am thinking is that if it allowed to you increment a custom field in Zendesk every time a new ticket was linked, that would be an easy way of doing that. If you are interested in that level of control in your integration, I urge you to look at Exalate

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2023

@Alan Butcher hello. Have you thought about using a 3rd party solution? Some of them can easily allow the level of customization that will fulfill your use case. Check out ZigiOps. Apart from allowing you to tailor it to easily report on the number of linked Zendesk tickets in Jira, it does not require writing code and is safe (does not save any of your data). You might try its free version to see if it fits your needs.

Regards, Diana (ZigiOps team)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events