Reporting / Filtering on Subtask information

Bill Youngman November 9, 2021

I've been tasked by my management with writing a suite of Jira reports for ticket & assignee information.

I'm using the Time in Status application with a suite of filters that I've created. One thing that I've noticed and that I am trying to figure a way around is the parent => subtask relationship with respect to actual times spent on tasks.

What the assignees are doing is reporting the Actual Effort in the subtask and leaving the parent ticket with a value of 0. The issue that this creates is that the actual effort is buried in the subtask but my reporting is grabbing the Actual Effort from the parent ticket.

So my question / challenge is how can I write a filter that exposes the actual time data in the subtasks so that it can be reported on?

Thanks,

Bill

2 answers

1 vote
Julia Shcherbyna _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2021

Hi @Bill Youngman 

It seems you need to use pivots in Time in Status for Jira Cloud add-on. It allows creating reports based on epics and issues. You also can export this report for detailed data analysis.

pivots parent issue.png

Here is a video about How to get time data by Parents using the Pivot table? https://youtu.be/dyQjp0jeedg 

Try it at online demo without installing app Online Demo

It's developed by my team, so be free to ask me if you have any questions.

Hope it helps

Regard

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2021

Hi @Bill Youngman 

We have built an add-on to show the sum up of time spent at each level of your issue hierarchy.

The app will show sum of time spent from sub task to story/task and to parent epic as well.

There are many other reports in the app, which will help you track your issues efficiently. Try it out.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Key features of the app:

• Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for hierarchy (up to 10 levels deep), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.
  • Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask
  • Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.
  • Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features
  • Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days
  • Dashboard gadgets for all the reports

Epic Hierarchy.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events