Replacing Internal Directory with an LDAP server for the existing JIRA Users

Aby Varghese April 13, 2014

Hi All,

I am using JIRA 6.2 version and I am attempting to replace the user directories with an LDAP server for the current users. I did the below steps for the same

• Added my JIRA users to an LDAP Server
  • Configured the LDAP Server in JIRA
  • Tested the LDAP server with one of the users added to the LDAP Server
  • Synchronized the new configuration by clicking the synchronize link
  • Made the LDAP server as the first priority in the User Directory List( as directed in the JIRA guide ) as shown in the screenshot attached below

After performing the above steps I checked the Users screen under the User Management, but unfortunately the jira user were still linked to the internal user directory.( check the screen shot below). To reconfirm it, tried logging in with LDAP login also, but failed. It would of great value if somebody could assist me on this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014
0 votes
Aby Varghese April 20, 2014

I resolved the problem successfully. Thanks for your links Boris. The steps I followed to resolve the same are listed below

1. Configure a delegated LDAP authentication server
  2. Migrate users from one directory to another using the link in Additional Configuration & Troubleshooting
  3. Select From directory -> jira internal Directories and To directory-> Delegated LDAP Authentication
  4. Move Delegated LDAP Authentication up to first priority

Ankuskum June 25, 2018

Hello Varghese,

How you got the link in Additional Configuration & Troubleshooting.

In my case, I have integrated with OpenLdap but not getting any option to migrate users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events