Remove "Delete" from right click / context menu on a board

Steve Kamens December 23, 2019

Is there a way to remove "Delete" from right click / context menu on a board.

People who don't have permission to delete see the menu item and then get an error when clicking on it, but it would be better to just not show it.

I would use a ScriptRunner Script Fragment, but I don't see how that can be done for that menu.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Why don't you just adjust project permissions to prevent deleting issues? This will automatically hide the context action item.

Otherwise, the script fragment "Hide system or plugin UI element" doesn't work for this context. It's not a proper "web item".

If you try to hide "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issueoperations:delete-issue" it will only hide the delete from the "More" button n the issue, or from the three dots in the issue view in the board.

If you really need to hide that button, the only way I can think of is to write some java script that responds to ajaxComplete event and looks for #ghx-issue-ctx-action-delete then hides the parent <li>. Such javascript can then be deployed with a scriptrunner resource fragment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events