Remaining hours of tasks

Zhenning Bao January 7, 2013

Hi, I have updated the plug-in to 2.3.9 and now see the additional column "Time Tracking". But is it possible to have remaining hours shown instead of the colored bar only?

If the remaining hours can be shown, the plug-in will be more useful to get a good understanding of the task status.

Thanks

Zhenning

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hi Zhenning,

I tried so hard to make this nice bar :) as to me it gives better understanding of the task status. Also you can mouse over the bar to see actual hours spent and remaining. Is it sufficient?

Thank you.

Zhenning Bao January 7, 2013

Hi, Andriy Zhdanov,

It would be sufficent if we could see the actual hours by moving mouse over the status bar. But it seems this feature does not work with Firefox, which explained why I didn't know it.

It works on IE though. Is it possible to make it work with Firefox too? Or do I miss anything which causes it does not work with Firefox? As Jira's performance is better on Firefox than IE, so most of our team are not using IE browser.

Thanks

Zhenning

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

It used to work on Firefox too, I will double check, but what's your version of Firefox? And did you try to wait a bit? I guess on Firefox you should waite like 2-3 seconds to get the tooltip appear.

Thank you.

Zhenning Bao January 8, 2013

My Firefox version is 17.0.1. I waited for quite long time, but it never shows up.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Weired, I've just checked on Firefox 18.0 and 16.0.2, and still can see the toolip, I guess it's not the reason. Sorry, no ideas.

Zhenning Bao January 29, 2013

Is it possible to add columns of remaining hours in numbers? I demoed the plug-in to more teams and they also feel it would be good have have numbers shown directly.

What's one, another feedback is that for Pivot Project Report, can we also have remaining time for a project? If this feature is added, the project report will be very useful at planning

Thanks

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Ok, I've made it possible to select 'Time Spent' and 'Remining Estimate' fields separetly to show hours:

Should be available soon in 2.3.11.

And I will think on adding similar to Project Pivot Report.

Thank you.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

Is the following fine? Note, it's the same for project summary, just hours are summed up for the issues worked on.

Zhenning Bao January 30, 2013

Yes, this looks good. Thanks

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2013

Hi Zhenning,

2.3.11 is available with the features you asked.

Thank you.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

Hi Zhenning,

It's not yet possible to add additinal columns to Pivot Report, but I've thought of it too, so I think it's time to add it, should be possible in next version!

Thank you.

Zhenning Bao February 11, 2013

Hi, Andriy,

I've just got time to try the new version. I see the Remaining column for Project Pivot Report. But how to add the two additional time column in Timesheet report? I couldn't find them in the "Additional Field" list.

Thanks

Zhenning

Zhenning Bao February 11, 2013

No. The current implementation of Pivot Report is fine.

I cannot find Time Estimate and Time Spent in the additional fields for Timesheet report. Do I miss anything?

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

Ah, sorry for misunderstaning, well, for estimate column is 'Remaining Estimate' but if you don't see them, I think it's a problem that I've fixed later also. So, please wait again for next version, planned by end of February.

Thank you.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

Would you mind actually if I change Pivot Report to show Remaining Hours with Additional column optionally, and only for detailed view (i.e. Show Details checked)?

I think showing it in summary view is confusing and showing it always may be redundant, but having additional columns similarly to Timesheet Report would make it consistent.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

Well, I went ahead and reworked pivot report now it has Additional columns. And you don't need to wait till end of February, 2.3.12 is out! Note, if Time Spent and Remaining Estimate fields still do not appear (and Additional columns option for Pivot report), you need to restart JIRA.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events