It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Regex format for case-insensitivity in Automation for Jira Edited

I am using the new Automation for Jira functionality (used to be a 3rd party plugin) to use regex to parse a comment which is created by email. Once parsed, a transition should occur. 

I am using an If block to compare two values where {{comment.body}} contains regex.

The docs indicate that regex expressions should look like this:

(Jira|BitBucket|Confluence)

What I need to do is to add a /i flag for case insensitivity. All attempts seem to fail. Should there be single or double quotes around the expression?

My regex looks like this in the field (fails):

(~~status:\s*done\s*)/gmi

If I remove the trailing flags, it works, but case-sensitive.

The visual summary on the left side looks like this:

2020-08-01_08-08-03.png

What am I doing wrong? Should I wrap the expression in single or double quotes? Some kind of Java (or other) flavor of regex delimiters?

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eric Atlassian Team Aug 07, 2020

Hi @Mike Tocci 

So basically we are using Java regex flavour. To make a case insensitive match, prefix your pattern with (?i)

Using the example from the docs, to make it case insensitive you'd write (?i)(Jira|BitBucket|Confluence) instead.

Hope that helps.

Hi @Eric -- this is exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Are you giving proper attention to your non-billable efforts?

It happens all the time: when planning project activities managers and team leaders tend to give more attention to the billable efforts, those ones the customers will pay for. But we all know...

65 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you