Refresh page after automation trigger?

Henrik Mikkelsen October 8, 2018

Hi,

I have a rule triggering on "customfield A", updating security level and inserting a comment.

The rule works very well.

Only problem being that the user needs to push F5 (refresh screen) to see the change (both the change in security level and the comment)

I looked at: "Refresh Comments in Client Browser When Issue Updated" that suggests to set "Execute this rule immediately when the rule is triggered, instead of in the background". But that doesn't seem to help.

Any way around this? Will AUT-226 help? And does it have any roadmap?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 8, 2018

Hi Henrik,

Are you using Cloud or Server? Under server choosing Execute this rule immediately should work however it may not if you have a branch in your rule. Could you provide me a screenshot of your rule?

Cheers,

Simeon [Automation for Jira]

Henrik Mikkelsen October 9, 2018

Hi Simeon,

I was in the proces of creating a support ticket. And I did an upgrade as suggested in the guidelines (from 3.14.8 to to 3.14.12). I don't know if that's what did it - but it does work now :-)

Deleted user October 9, 2018

No worries. If you run into any further problems feel free to get in touch or create a support ticket.

Cheers,

Simeon [Automation for Jira]

Muru June 30, 2020

@Henrik Mikkelsen  Can you kindly elaborate on this point : upgrade as suggested in the guidelines (from 3.14.8 to to 3.14.12). 

I am facing the same issue and looking for a way to refresh the page automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Mikkelsen July 1, 2020

Hi Mun,

it's a while back (a little under two years) so I'm afraid I can't elaborate more on the issue. It seems an upgrade of automation solved my problem.

Of course now I'm using a much never version :-)

Juan Ortega Saceda July 6, 2021

I'm also waiting to use that feature if anyone has any news please tell here

Jeroen Kolk October 19, 2023

I have the same isssue with a branch in my rule. 
From the previous reactions I understand this might be a problem.
I am working with version:  Jira v9.10.1

See screenshot underneath:

unnamed.png

3 votes
Consulente Atlassian March 17, 2022

@[deleted] 

I have this problem, after an issue transitions to the "resolved" state I want to update a custom field. The automation rule does its job, but in the Jira issue I don't see the new value, I have to reload by hand the refresh page to see the result. What can I do for an automatic refresh? I'm using Jira server 8.21

1 vote
Ben Hizak January 3, 2023

For people running on cloud version, please vote on this issuehttps://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-171

0 votes
Perry Tancredi February 13, 2024

I've had some success adding a loop transition automation that watches the field that's changed.

For example, if your automation updates "Priority", then you create a rule that watches for any changes to "Priority" and setup an action to "Transition the issue to Same Status". For me the change takes about 15 seconds to take effect but the value does change on the page without the page having to refresh.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 10.41.04 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events